12.15.2010

Brinley is a month old!


I'm late to post but life has been a whirlwind for the past 4 weeks!!!

On November 13th I broke the rules of bedrest and went out to dinner with my Grandparents, Alan, parents, and Robby and his family. It was soooo nice to get out and I didn't have any type of appetite my last few weeks so I skipped every meal that day and honestly ate like a man at dinner. Shrimp, salad, bread, 4 glasses of water...ate myself sick lol. I was also having a very hard time sleeping because she was sitting on my bladder and causing it A LOT of pain :( So basically I woke up every time I moved. That night I went to bed at 9:30 and passed out, was still asleep at 11:34 when I woke up because my water broke! I said to Alan, "Alan...either my water just broke or I peed my pants." I waited a few minutes to see in the bathroom and couldn't tell but a few minutes later there was more...so off to the hospital we went! By 12:15 I was at Porter, in a gown, already checked, IV in and Pitocin started!

My Mom got there about 12:45 and my Aunt Sandy, Aunt Terrie, and cousin Michelle about 1:15 A.M. I was already having pretty good contractions (Pitocin is Fast and also is the DEVIL. It had to have been created by a man.) They offered me IV pain meds but I refused them. I was only dilated to a 1 when I got to the hospital and couldn't get an epidural until I was at a 3. It took about 6 hours, the last 2 of those 6 were the worst but after the epidural I was good! Then at about 1:00 my epidural stopped working on my left hand side and the pain was really bad. Dr. Short came in and gave me a new bolus (sp?) and I was good to go again! I started to push at about 3:40 in the afternoon on the 14th and she was born at 5:19. My Mom and Alan were awesome coaches, as well as my aunts and cousin who came and supported me in the room before push time. The labor was cake compared to my healing. TMI (but it's my blog lol) but I had a lot of damage and after all the labor was done I was still be stitched up 55 minutes later. That night I had to get up and walk and it took me every bit of 20 minutes just to get out of the bed, I had to scoot an inch at a time. It was AWFUL. I still am not perfect but hopefully by my 6 week appointment I'll be good again. Labor was nothing compared to after!!!

Brinley is awesome :) She is completely adorable, she looks like her Daddy! She is so sweet. At birth she weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 20 inches long. At her 2 week appointment she was 8lbs 3oz and 20 and 7/8 inches long :)

That's pretty much the story! LOOOVE my girl!!!!!

1 comment:

Brandy P said...

Thanks for sharing "your story". The part about Pitocin being made by a man literally made me laugh out lound :) Welcome to the mommy club!!