8.18.2008

So happy about...

Us.
I love this man with all my heart.
I am so thankful to be planning our wedding, and getting to marry my best friend.
Some people have been asking how we met, so here goes...
Alan and I had a class together our freshman year of college at PNC. Speech class of all things. While I broke out into hives everytime I had to get up in front of the class, Alan loved every second of it. We never said a word to each other the entire semester. I thought he was so incredibly 'hot' as I said back then, and referred to him as 'speech boy' to my friends. Fast forward 2 years, and I am at Purdue in West Lafayette and Alan is attending Indiana State in Terre Haute. It was Thanksgiving weekend and I was freshly single haha. My friend Nikki wanted to go out and said that her boyfriend Chad had a friend in town who was 'a player but a lot of fun.' (We were both home at the time for Thanksgiving break.) So we headed to Pepe's in Valpo and I was minding my business when she says, "oh, Alan is here." She and I kept talking and I wasn't paying attention and when I looked up there he stood and said, "you're the girl from speech class...." UM....this is when my heart skipped and I thought I was going to throw up (lol). I said, "your the guy from speech class." Nikki said, "ALAN IS SPEECH BOY?" And she and Chad laughed at us for awhile. I was totally shy and embarrassed so I had a bit more to drink to take the edge off, and we ended up dancing and hanging out all night. He kissed me before he left (hehe) and the rest is history :) We've been through LOTS of long distance, college 'fraternal bliss days', multiple knock down drag outs, incredible highs...and I wouldn't change a thing. All of it has made us and gotten us to where we are today. Now 7½ years later, we are planning a wedding :) WE DID IT haha! And I couldn't be happier...



2 comments:

stephanie said...

all i want in the whole entire world is to marry my best friend. i am so happy for you two. i envy it a bit in a good way!!!!
...i know my time, and that special person will come along...eventually. =)

stephanie said...

download "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Cailliat if you have not done it already. I hear it and it makes me think of you and Alan.